Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Tumble Drier Tripping RCD

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 20:31:50 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

TheChief formulated the question :
Hi guys

Anyone give me a clue why my Bosch condensing drier might be
tripping the RCD on our ring mains?

What with the phone line going awol and the drier issue, it's not
the relaxing do nothing weekend I was looking forward to so
far.

Not a problem at all,

Assuming the plug is the old type, remove screw and cover. Remove
green & yellow cable, insulate copper. Replace cover.

Surround tumble dryer with barriers, barrier tape and ensure barriers
go well beyond arms length.

Unplug the phone, it's only Windows virus merchants on weekends
anyway.

Relax, enjoy the weekend*

* Might have a few minor "tweaks" to make if married.

AB