Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Bloody domestic customers

On 23/08/2018 09:17, wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 23:53:41 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 21:33:08 UTC+1, Robin wrote:

Assuming you witnessed the dog bite the MD then a complaint to the
police seems a good idea. There are still too any people ignorant of
the fact the Dangerous Dogs law was extended to dogs on private
property. With a bit of luck the customer will get a visit from the
constabulary. And may even be inclined to offer suitable compensation
without the need for a letter before action.

Going that route is likely to result in the dog's death, which seems rather
harsh. The problem is nearly always the owner, not the dog.

However, beyond a certain point, the dog becomes essentially irredeemable as
you pretty much can't teach old dogs new tricks, and in particular you can't
unteach them their current ones. If it will attack an adult human, it's quite
likely to do a lot worse to a child - we've seem a fair number of cases over
recent years.

The world isn't short of dogs, so (while I'm actually something of a dog-lover)
I'm not particularly worried about having some of the excess removed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45085514

--
Adam