Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default ISP speed adjusting praticality

On 23/08/18 18:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Throughout, a connect speed was reported of a steady 40,000Mbs/9.000Mbs,

Wow! 40GB/s is going some...

yet actual speedtests showed wild variations. Are the wild variations
part of the system settling in and how long might it go on for?

No, they are part of the crap backhaul you are connected to.

Which makes me wonder which ISP. I was allowed to leave the Post Office
during my ADSL contract because of that problem.

If the service is with Vodafone you can leave in the 1st 30 days.