Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody domestic customers

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 19:16:04 +0100, ARW wrote:

Well the customers fanny licker of a dog (it had been running around
uncontrolled and yapping for about 10 minutes) decided to bite me so I
said a very loud "OUCH". Customer makes no comment or ignores me and the
fanny licker runs around for a few more minutes before biting me again.

I'd have got the owner to remove the dog from the working area in the
first place, not safe for many reasons being bitten is just one of
them.

With no response from the owner after the first bite I'd have simply,
packed up, sat in the van, photographed the bite and called the boss.

Reporting to the Police may mean curtains for the dog, which is a bit
unfair. Nearly always badly behaved dogs are only badly behaved
because the owners don't take and hold the position of "pack leader"
from the point of view of the dog.

--
Cheers
Dave.