Not so quick

Default How to secure object to block wall... ?

"Grim" wrote in message

"Not so quick" wrote in message
I'm trying to attach some wood structures to a block wall. They will

have
about 50 lbs.
of weight. The blue plastic inserts pull out. The holes are 1/4". Any

ideas?
I want to
avoid drilling larger holes but it's not out of the question.

Thanks
: -)

You can use "Tapcons" in mortar joints or solid sections of blocks. They

cut
their own threads. - http://tinyurl.com/294p8
Or you can use hollow wall anchors called "Toggle Bolts " that have a

spring
loaded wing that pops open when you push it thru a hole -
http://tinyurl.com/2z8lv
Or you can even use "Hollow Wall Anchors" that form a metal mushroom in

the
hollow wall when you tighten them - http://tinyurl.com/25gdc

Grim

The Tapcons work. It takes two and I had to get an impact drill because
the holes are so much better when I'm not pushing and struggling to make
the hole. The toggle bolts wouldn't work because the top row of block
is filled with concrete. The hollow wall anchors just pulled out too easily
but would have been he easiest. I also tried 'liquid nails' which held for
a while and actually worked on one wall but not the others. Go figure.
It must have been the amount or that one wall had absorbed some moisture.
Anyway, thanks to all for the help. I'm really glad to get this thing
working
finally. It's been an 18 month project starting with bent wire mesh and then
I cut block and filled it with mortar to make a kind of pyramid, then
fishing
line, then whiteboard... : -)