Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Cordless impact screwdriver V cordless hammer drill?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 12:05:47 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:
snip

eg, How many people here advocating the use of ID's have Tinnitus
where the chances are that even a short exposure to one in use close
up (without hearing protection that I wouldn't need with a DD) may
raise my Tinnitus levels for a few days would suffer the same?

Don't know is the short answer.

Suck it and see (or hear) I think is the only way John.

While they are louder than a DD, its not
a noise I have felt uncomfortable near, or had to reach for ear
defenders.

Unfortunately, unless you have Tinnitus (and I wouldn't wish it on
anyone, even the most rampantly fanatic Brexiteer!) you wouldn't know
what noises can aggravate it.

Like, I have been exposed to some fairly loud noises, thought I was
going to suffer the consequences but didn't, and some pretty low
levels of noise and have?

Its less offensive than a hammer drill drilling masonry IME.

And that is something I would definitely put some good quality ear
defenders on before starting.

And I guess the noise level (or sound) can very depending on what you
are using it on? Like a fence post outdoors or a cupboard, indoors
where the shape could act like a sounding box or reflector.

Cheers, T i m