Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Paint for Ply

On 20/08/2018 21:39, newshound wrote:
On 20/08/2018 11:27, John Rumm wrote:
On 19/08/2018 21:11, Vir Campestris wrote:
I've got to the point where I'm considering painting the ply cladding
in my new man cave (completion is in sight - we're wk20 of a 12wk
build, doubtless due to all the rain we had this year)

Will ordinary emulsion work? Will it need thinning the way it does on
new plasterboard?

Ordinary emulsion will work fine... Looked ok even on the cheap
shuttering plyÂ* I used to line my workshop.

+1, I have visible indoor shelving etc like this. Sanded down after
first coat.

Thanks everyone.

I have a dust mask (in storage, with most of my tools) I think this will
call for it!

Andy