Posted to rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Recomendations for an Inexpesive Sand Blasting System ???

On 8/20/2018 3:40 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 8/20/2018 1:35 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
A blast cabinet is really the way to go, but a small gravity fed Harbor
Freight gun has worked for me for small projects.Â* I'm on my second one.

They both will use as much or as little air as you care to put through
them. Both will use the same media.Â* The gun is dirt cheap, but the
plastic sand tank will get brittle and break after a few years.Â* You
should wear face shield, respirator, long sleeves and gloves when using
the gun.Â* The blast cabinet will last for decades.Â* The windows will get
crazed, but are easily replaced.Â* Recycling media is more practical with
the cabinet.Â* The cabinet pretty much is its own protective gear.

I'm Just Wondering, if the cabinet pretty much is its own
protective gear, why should you wear all that protective gear?

As he wrote: "You should wear face shield, respirator, long sleeves and
gloves when using the gun."