Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering[_3_] Just Wondering[_3_] is offline

Default Recomendations for an Inexpesive Sand Blasting System ???

On 8/20/2018 1:35 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
A blast cabinet is really the way to go, but a small gravity fed Harbor
Freight gun has worked for me for small projects.Â* I'm on my second one.

They both will use as much or as little air as you care to put through
them. Both will use the same media.Â* The gun is dirt cheap, but the
plastic sand tank will get brittle and break after a few years.Â* You
should wear face shield, respirator, long sleeves and gloves when using
the gun.Â* The blast cabinet will last for decades.Â* The windows will get
crazed, but are easily replaced.Â* Recycling media is more practical with
the cabinet.Â* The cabinet pretty much is its own protective gear.

I'm Just Wondering, if the cabinet pretty much is its own
protective gear, why should you wear all that protective gear?