Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Unwarp wood

On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 3:29:37 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 8/19/2018 3:15 PM, Andy wrote:
On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 1:57:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 11:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 1:25:55 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 8/19/2018 1:28 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 8/19/2018 9:59 AM, Andy wrote:
Is there a way to unwarp a piece of 20 x 20" piece of 1/8" inch thick
piece of plywood.
I trying wetting one side and weighing it down with weights.
Thanks,
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Andy

Chances are slim to none.
I've seen shows where the steam wood for a while to make it pliable.
Piece this small may not be worth the effort.
You may be right. Maybe I can straighten it out some by adding
a frame to it?
I will be using it to make a door for a cabinet.
Andy

1/8 inch ply for a cabinet door .. OK. if you say so.
John T.

You and orem don't have anything positive to say.

:-)

To be occasionally expected in un-moderated group.

Â* What kind of door ? If this is for a camper or other application that
needs light weight , OK . If it's for a cabinet in your house , go buy a
piece of 1/4" for the door . (I'm a retired Master Cabinetmaker ...)

Yes , I'm old
and crochety .
Get off my lawn !

I have seen plenty of warped 1/4 inch plywood in the stores.

Andy