SQLit

Default Cracks in new hardwood floors

My questions: are these separations indeed normal, particularly in a mild
climate where nighttime temperatures don't get down much below 38? Can I
actually expect the cracks to close back up in the spring (and then,
presumably, open up again next winter)? Did I lose any right to complain

by
not waiting the full two weeks between installation and finishing? What
options do I have, as regards the appearance of these floors?

Jim Beaver

My only experience with hard wood floors (not engineered flooring) are with
stage floors. The contractor demanded that the boards be delivered into a
conditioned space 30 days before installation. They did the installation and
never a problem even with heavy stage equipment.

I can not imagine that the temp inside your home varied like it does
outside. Kalifornia is pretty temperate
me thinks you might have rushed things a mite.