Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Cordless impact screwdriver V cordless hammer drill?

On 19/08/2018 11:13, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 03:51:34 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

The only time I might use an electric drill / driver on any fastener
is when doing loads when speed is more important that finish or
tightening torque, like assembling a wooden shed. Eg, On anything
'important' I much prefer the feel and control of a manual screwdriver
(or spanner etc).

I only have a brace of Makitas, but the impact driver is *much* more
controllable than the drill (I hardly ever use the clutch on the drill,
though). The impact driver must be ten times faster than a manual
screwdriver.

Do you use an electric driver on your furniture builds OOI John?

Cheers, T i m

I use mine on everything except electronics (and still use it on washing
machines, vacuums, etc).