Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default I suppose I should have seen this coming

On 18/08/2018 15:16, Tim Streater wrote:

Are they anchored at all? Otherwise, any attempt to turn them on/off
applies strain to the coupling at/below floor level.

Yes firmly anchored to the floor.

From all accounts a "designer" bull**** nice finish on the outside.
Crap construction and finish on the inside (rough screw treads etc.).

I hope you gave your friends a talking-to.

Rented 5 bedroom property with cellar in a rural location for about the
same rent as a 2 bed flat around my way. Landlords problem to fix the
fittings.