Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default septic tanks - new EU regulations ?

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 15/08/2018 16:04, Peter Parry wrote:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:26:53 +0100, Nightjar
wrote:

On 15/08/2018 12:03, wrote:
Sorry to be a pain but I was talking to someone this moring who said
that the EU ( them again!) were changing the rules on Septic Tanks.

Not the EU, but our own Environment Agency, so Brexit won't stop the
rules coming into effect from 2020.

The EA had no choice in the matter. The Waste Framework Directive is
a European Union Directive -

DIRECTIVE 2008/98/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 19 November 2008 on waste and repealing certain Directives

Which was supported by the UK.

willingly, or because it was obvious that they couldn't form a blocking
majority

tim

Colin Bignell