Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] aprilsweetheartrose@gmail.com is offline

Default septic tanks - new EU regulations ?

On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 12:33:53 PM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 04:03:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Sorry to be a pain but I was talking to someone this moring who said that the EU ( them again!) were changing the rules on Septic Tanks.

snip

As the actual question has been answered elsewhere ... ;-)

Q. If you and your kids were playing in the river downstream of
someone else's ancient septic tank outlet, wouldn't you like to think
something could be done about it?

How many people would voluntarily 'upgrade' their systems if the
legislation wasn't brought into play?

And wouldn't you like to think that the same rules applied if you and
you family were enjoying a river in Italy or Spain?

I wonder which EU member state asked the EU to look into this as they
rarely think these things upon their own?

On a similar topic, isn't someone in the States currently taking
Monsanto to court over heath issues suggested to be down to his
exposure to Glyphosate (and wasn't it Germany who asked the EU to look
into it)?

Cheers, T i m

Can I be brutally honest? Why should it bother me? Most of the sewerage discharged from the water companies is next to raw when it hits the sea anyway.

I dont discharge into a stream or river anyway.