Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default LOT20 storage heaters , old systems and changing a storage heater - anyone up on this?

I do think that the two improvements I would appreciate on my old ones are.
The ability to use power not on economy 7 if need be, and some better
insulation when you turn it down so the heat comes out much slower. In the
UK the way the weather fluctuates needs both of these. I have otherwise been
happy with mine and no nasty gas or hot water issues or boilers to go wrong.
and the actual bill is not really bad at all compared with people with both
gas and electric as gas seems to have gone up a lot.
I had no idea that the system was changing. Seems a bit daft as if its just
a replacement item that should not fall fuel of regulations.
I certainly do not want any fans to be noise sources in my house.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 13/08/2018 14:34, GB wrote:
On 13/08/2018 14:20,
wrote:

I am currently looking at buying a second hand " refurbished" old
version on ebay. All I want is a simple night storage heater
replacement for the bedroom.

I think that's your best bet. That and freecycle plus local ads.

"From 1st January 2018, all local space heaters manufactured for sale in
the EU which use electricity, gas or liquid fuels must comply with a
minimum efficiency standard." -- So, unless you can find some old pre-Jan
stock somewhere, you are not going to be able to buy new.

Since the minimumand maximum efficiency of an electrical heating
system (that doesn't involve pumps, motors etc) is 100%, what
possible nonsense could the EU impose ?.