Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?

On 13 Aug 2018 18:28:33 GMT, trader_4 wrote:

Helpful as usual, I see. It's AHR, he actually asks a home repair question
and first you give him snide remarks, then all kinds of reasons why putting
a new motor on a pump may require a plumber. You didn't answer a single
question he asked. Quite a performance.

Thank you for realizing that his response just wasted his time, my time,
and your time.

As you note, this is a home repair group for heaven's sake.
This is a pump that boosts the pressure of the water system.
I'm an electrical engineer - but that doesn't help much here.

I think his first response was just dead wrong - but his second response
was a ****load of excuses because my response got him upset.

I apologize to him if my response that his response wasn't helpful upset
him.

I have no problem admitting I know nothing about booster pumps.
Particularly I don't know how that pressure sensing system works.

To troubleshoot, I have to figure out if it's the pressure sensor, or the
pump motor. It's one or the other. (I think it may be the motor because I
heard a noise at one point - but it could be the sensor because the pump
won't go on at times.)

If he really has the experience he claims to have, he would be able to
answer these basic questions... which will help me a lot.
1. How does that pressure switch work (so I can troubleshoot it)?
2. If I replace the switch or pump, what specs matter?
3. If I replace just the bearings, what else would you order to replace?

NOTE: I saw your post on the specs, where the only one that I'm confused on
is what "Frame" am I currently using? Is the frame on this sticker?
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2105511pressure05.jpg