Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?

On 13 Aug 2018 18:35:11 GMT, Uncle Monster wrote:

Go fellate yourself Traitor_4ever.
I didn't see you offering any help.
You lack the expertise to assist the fellow or to be concerned
about his safety anyway so your best bet is to STFU.

Let's stop bickering.
It's just foolish to say "call a plumber" on this newsgroup.
You got all upset that I said that - and I understand.

I apologize if you're all upset.

You think I'm gonna kill myself, and I told you I'm an EE but that doesn't
(a) give me immunity from electrocution, nor does it (b) teach me anything
about how the pressure switch works, and (c) it doesn't help me figure out
what "frame" this pump happens to use.

You can continue to be afraid of your own shadow, but I'm not.

All I need, for now, is helpful advice.
Your advice, so far, has not been helpful.

To be helpful, if you actually have experience you claim, then you would
easily be able to answer these three basic questions.
1. How does that pressure switch work (so I can troubleshoot it)?
2. If I replace the switch or pump, what specs matter?
3. If I replace just the bearings, what else would you order to replace?