Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?

On 13 Aug 2018 19:21:52 GMT, Dean Hoffman wrote:

No bearings in the actual pump. They rely on the motor's bearings.

The motor will likely have two standard bearings.

I won't know what to buy until I take the motor apart, but the downtime is
crucial because there won't be water pressure in the house.

I tried to find a parts diagram on the web for the model but I can't find
one yet.
General Electric Jet Pump Motor 5KC39QN1157AX
HP: 1 HZ: 60 V: 115/230 PH: 1 RPM: 3450 CODE: L

I will call GE tomorrow, where I'm not beholden to GE but if I replace the
bearings, I need to know ahead of time which ones to order.

The real problem first is that I don't know what's wrong, because it's
clearly intermittent.

What's irksome is that I don't understand the sensing pressure mechanism.

It seems to be MISSING a sensing of the OUTPUT pressure at the bladder.