Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Garbage disposal stuck

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 7:30:08 PM UTC-4, Dan Espen wrote:
Donna m writes:

replying to tenplay, Donna wrote:
I have a nail stuck between the turntable and ring can't get it out. Should I
remove the disposal and see if I can get it from there? Rather not have to do
it if I try something else. It is bent also

Removing the disposal won't make access much easier, you still have to
reach in through the opening.

I was thinking of saying the same thing, but then I thought about it again.
They have the flange that goes in the sink, then the disposal hangs from
it. You might have some more room with it off, but I'm not sure. Some
you can pull the rubber flap thing out too, maybe some you can get that
out when it's off, IDK. Taking it off might not make it much easier,
but sometimes you only need a wee bit to get it done. Reversing it with
the allen wrench would seem to be the best hope to me.

I'd be thinking pliers or something to reach in and grab it to pull it
out. You can crank it from the bottom using the allen wrench usually
supplied, but I don't think that's going to help much.

--
Dan Espen