Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

Default Recomendations for an Inexpesive Sand Blasting System ???

This will be a fairly sporadic, light duty service. I will mainly be doing
smallish metal parts that have been neglected over the years. Many things can
be handled with a wire brush and some sweat, but I anticipate a few items that
really do need to be blasted for paint removal and whatever reason.

I have a 33 gallon Craftsman oil less compressor that was given to me. It seems
to work ok the last time I used it. It is 110v on a 20a circuit and never trips
the breaker. When it dies I will upgrade to a bigger system. I don't remember
the cfm on the unit, and it is several hundred miles away at the moment.

I have looked at the HF blasting systems a couple of times. I bought their
cheapest system, a vacuum unit, a few years ago for some very light work. I
was not thrilled with it, but managed to use it to get the job done.

I would appreciate any recommendations of things to look for. Outside of my use
of the HF vacuum system, I have zero experience with sand blasting. I don't
want to spend a ton of money, but don't want to have to fight it every time I
need to use it either.

Much obliged,

Roy Parker