Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Escaping from a fire.

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 9 August 2018 20:00:09 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 09/08/2018 12:33, Nightjar wrote:
On 09/08/2018 11:50, GB wrote:
On 09/08/2018 09:30, Andy Burns wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

The best bet is to sit on the window ledge and jump away from the
building

Or an escape ladder under the bed?

https://amazon.co.uk/bryson-ESCL1/dp/B01N7LVJAJ

Rope ladders are very hard to climb. I bet that's similar. And yes
down
is easier than up but still not easy.

You are supposed to climb a rope ladder from the side - one leg and
one
hand front and back of the ladder. My escape ladders supports hold it
away from the wall, so that is possible.

Out of interest, have you tried?

Yeah, easier said than done getting out the window
and onto the ladder for the doddering old farts in here.

What are they gunna do with their walking frames ?

Can't quite picture Pam doing a double pike out
the window onto the rope ladder for some reason.

Luckily we only have students that are fit and
nimble as our window can only open up to 8cm

Yeah, skiving drunken dunny cleaners like you get to burn.