Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS Wood Bits?

On Thursday, 9 August 2018 19:48:30 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 07/08/2018 10:00, charles wrote:
In article , Roger Mills
wrote:
I see that Lidl have some SDS-Plus bit sets (chisels, etc.) coming up
soon - but one of the sets contains wood augers. Why would you use a
wood auger in an SDS drill - or am I missing something?

Saves carting another drill around. On my SDS , I can turn off the
hammer action. I even have a conventional chuck which goes into the
SDS one.

Is that an adapter that plugs into the SDS or a change of chuck?

It's a normal looking chuch with an SDS fitting.

I have had SDS drills where you literally swap the chuck.

Never use the Jacobs chuck on hammer!

NT