Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On 08/09/2018 04:32 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Fretwell's new interesting position is that phases disappear if they
are 180. And that also somehow also kills off other phases, because he says
if I take a 3 phase system and move the 120 phase to 180, POOF, it
becomes a single phase system.

If you think you see an oddity like that (phase disappearing at 180),
there's something wrong.

I'm beginning to understand about 2 phases making a 3-phase delta
system, but there's still something wrong with that "disappearing
phase(es)".

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who
have lost the power or reasoning." -- Voltaire, Philosophical
Dictionary, 1764