Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replaccment flat roof costs?

On 09/08/18 19:30, Jim K wrote:
Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 09/08/18 18:58, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone recently had any flat roofing work done and idea of the costs per
square metre for a double garage?

Either torch on felt or that new ODPM ?,stuff and the way its sagged i
expect new rood boarding to replace the likely bu^^ered chipboard appx
36 meters square of it too! Mid Anglia area?.

Cheers..

There's a number of choices:

Fibreglass - needs to be done by people who understand it and do it all
the time - can be buggered up easily by random people who don't
understand it and don't read the instructions.
(Based on 2 stories recounted to me)

ODPM - ditto I suspect.

EPDM?

I suspect - I mentally auto corrected that

Torch on felt - probably the easiest to find competent operators. Should
last 15+ years if done right.

Metal - overlooked option. I don't mean lead (heavy) or copper
(nickable) - more thinking ali or zinc. Should be very long lived if
done right.

Pressed corrugated ali sheets are pretty common as roofing in industrial
settings so should be easy to find someone who can do it.

Are you thinking of the ubiquitous plastic coated steel "wiggly
tin" profiled sheet roofing?

Possibly including that - but if I were paying, I'd look at the ali
options as the fitting should be much the same.