Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default PIR priority

On 09/08/2018 18:31, dennis@home wrote:
On 09/08/2018 00:56, John Rumm wrote:
On 09/08/2018 00:06, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

Yes I understand both lights on at the same time but if the PIRs are
set for different duration times will it be the activated one that
decides how long they stay on for?

if one is activated it will be that PIR's duration, if both are
activated, it will be the one that remains activated longest.

+1 what he said. This picture may help:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...hing_with_PIRs

I'm not sure that it should be called two way switching as it doesn't do
the same as two way switching does in the rest of the circuits.

Yup I see your point in that there is no capability for the second PIR
to force the lamp off... so not true two way switching - although for
many it kind of fits since it allows for two separate switches to turn
the same lamp on.

Myybe multiple PIR switching?

ok I renamed the section:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/..._multiple_PIRs