SandroF1

Default Craftsman 88700 SnowBlower for $500 ?

"JWB" wrote in message ...
"Billy" wrote in message
Anyone have any comments on this model for my needs? It's a 5HP,

two-stage,
4 cycle Tecumseh engine. The downside is that it only has one forward gear
and a 22" clearing path. I have one being held for me for $500.

I live in NJ and snowfall is normally not extreme. I'll be clearing an 80'

10' driveway, a 40' x 10' walkway, and 35' x 25' patio, and a 100' x 3'
sidewalk. All relatively flat land except the drive has a very slight

uphill
grade.

Is there another manufacturer/model that I should consider before making
this purchase?

5 hp will do the job, but barely. A little higher (even 6hp) is much better.
I also once had a craftsman, and to be honest, it was obviously "cheap". I
returned it and bought a Toro 6/22 from a local dealer. A much better
machine, and handles my driveway / walkway easily.

Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a Honda snowblower.