Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Some Charmin TP Rolls are Oversize Now?

On 8/8/2018 10:53 AM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Anyone else gotten frustrated by this Johnson and Johnson stunt?

Over a month ago I picked up my usual thrice a year purchase of several
packages each of Charmin toilet paper and Bounty paper towels and stuck
them in our home storage room.

I opened the first package of that Charmin toilet tissue about five
weeks ago and was shocked, shocked to realize it was larger in diameter
than any roll I'd encountered before and would not fit into any of the
the four roll holders in our 33 year old home. I hadn't thought to check
carefully at the store, the packages seemed enough like what I was used
to buying that I just grabbed them off the shelf.

I looked on the back of the plastic packaging holding the remainder of
the rolls and saw that Charmin knew those rolls wouldn't fit in some
roll holders because they offered free plastic "extenders" which snapped
onto the "arms" of roll holders so the spring loaded "axle" would be
further away from the back of the holder.

I immediately went to the Charmin website and entered my address
information, checking off that I wanted three sets of extenders. Three
weeks later nothing had arrived so I called them up and told them I
hadn't received anything and was told that there was such a surge of
requests for those extenders that they had run out quickly and were
still waiting for more to come in from the manufacturer.

So, I've taken to the PIA chore of unwinding and wrapping enough TP from
a new one of those large rolls onto the cardboard core of an empty roll
so that both could fit into our home's roll holders.

Why did Charmin decide to do such a ****ty thing? Did home TP roll
holders increase in size sometime during my lifetime leading up to that
problem?

Just take them back to the store and buy something that will work.
Charmin will quickly get the hint.