Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default PIR priority

On 08/08/2018 22:46, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

I have 2 external PIRs operating 2 floodlights all in different
locations but connected so that 1 PIR will turn both lights on.
I need to adjust the timings lux/sensitivity.
Before I climb a ladder can someone advise what the priority is for
the LEDs, egĀ* if say the 2 LEDs are set for timing at say 15 seconds
and the other at 3 minutes, if the 15 second LED triggers the lights
does it go off after 15 seconds or 3 minutes.
Does the one that triggers it set the timings or can that be overruled
by the other?

It's a "logical inclusive OR", so both lights will be on at the same
time, if one, the other, or both PIRs are within their activation period.

Is it worth mentioning that the activation period is reset/restarted
every time movement is detected?

--
Adam