Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS Wood Bits?

On 07/08/2018 11:36, John Rumm wrote:
On 07/08/2018 09:56, Roger Mills wrote:
I see that Lidl have some SDS-Plus bit sets (chisels, etc.) coming up
soon - but one of the sets contains wood augers. Why would you use a
wood auger in an SDS drill - or am I missing something?

The slower rotational speed and extra torque can be handy for this
application. Its also convenient since the bits are quick to change and
don't slip in use.

Makes sense. But I hope they come with a clear warning to use rotate
only - with no hammer action - otherwise the spiral lead screws ain't
going to last very long!
--
Cheers,
Roger