Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default 110mm push fit soil pipe fixings - two fitting methods?

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 06/08/2018 22:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/08/2018 21:13, Andrew wrote:
On 06/08/2018 19:47, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/08/2018 19:35, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
John Rumm writes
On 06/08/2018 18:01, David wrote:
It is a while since I messed around with 110mm soil pipe fittings.
*Digging a brown OSMA joint out of stock, I find it has a rubber seal
inside a collar.
*First attempt to push in a length of grey pipe was not
successful. I then
levered off the brown plastic ring with the rubber seal, slid
this down
the grey pipe, fitted the grey pipe into the joint and it looked
as though
the sealing ring would knock back down to grip the grey pipe.
*I thought I had better check, and all I can find online so far
is the
method of chamfering the end of the grey pipe, lubricating it with
silicone, and forcing it in.
*Is my (possibly logical) way O.K. or should I reach for the
lubricant?

A chamfer and some lube is your friend... there should be no need
to pull apart the seal.

Fairy liquid works he-)

also good as a plasticiser in mortar .....

if your name is Bodgit&Scarper

no absolutely OK trust me on that ....

https://tarmac-bluecircle.co.uk/all-washed-up/

Agreed.

The plumbers don't like you using washing up liquid for leak detection
either.

Not likely to affect rubber/plastics in soil pipes.

--
Tim Lamb