Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default 110mm push fit soil pipe fixings - two fitting methods?

On 06/08/2018 19:47, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/08/2018 19:35, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 06/08/2018 18:01, David wrote:
It is a while since I messed around with 110mm soil pipe fittings.
Â*Digging a brown OSMA joint out of stock, I find it has a rubber seal
inside a collar.
Â*First attempt to push in a length of grey pipe was not successful.
I then
levered off the brown plastic ring with the rubber seal, slid this down
the grey pipe, fitted the grey pipe into the joint and it looked as
though
the sealing ring would knock back down to grip the grey pipe.
Â*I thought I had better check, and all I can find online so far is the
method of chamfering the end of the grey pipe, lubricating it with
silicone, and forcing it in.
Â*Is my (possibly logical) way O.K. or should I reach for the lubricant?

A chamfer and some lube is your friend... there should be no need to
pull apart the seal.

Fairy liquid works he-)

also good as a plasticiser in mortar .....

if your name is Bodgit&Scarper