Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Plug in rodent repellers

On 05/08/2018 19:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:09:22 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

They can certainly hear them. We live capture and deport up onto the
moor miles (litrally) from any habitation. When one deportee was in
the cage I switched an acoustic "repeller" on and off a few times.
Mousey jumped every time it was switched on but otherwise didn't seem
to be bothered.

As a repeller doubtful, the mice still came in in the winter...

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Peanut butter also goes rancid, chocolate spread doesn't.

I use a block of chocolate. I suspect that spread would suffer the same
problem as peanut butter; a mouse nibbling the relatively soft material
might not trip the trap.

Colin Bignell