Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default Floor jack 'plunger?'

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 19:03:38 -0600
"Larry Fisk" wrote:

snip
Hey Leon, I live in central Idaho and have all my life
I am heavy and a mechanic, and argueably a good guy :-)
I read this group and rarely have much to add
I mostly tinker these days, working on a huge (5200lb)
doall vertical 26" fully hydraulic band saw
here lately

Well that web link was a good addition. I picked an old NAPA bottle jack
out of a neighbors trash several years ago. It's probably around a 3
ton and been well or maybe not so well used. I found the manual for it
after some searching through the stuff listed on that site. Some trial
and error because the model number and specs were rubbed off. I've got
a lot better insight in how to disassemble it now, if and when I get
around to it. Don't really need it but I don't have a small hydraulic
like that. Hauling out a 20 ton for 1 ton work is a bit of overkill.
And my small mechanical jacks don't fit so well sometimes...

My local Larry was a pretty stout character too Seems like just
yesterday I remember my boss saying, "Head over to Acme Transport and
see Larry in the garage. He's got a couple trucks that need the radios
checked out." As soon as Larry caught my last name I had a bud on my
side of things

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI