Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default cleaning the cooker

In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, 5 August 2018 08:13:11 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Many years ago, I heard this terrible loud hissing and gurgling from a
few houses away. It was, apparently somebody who took their old trusty
cooker outside and powerwashed it.

That's okay with gas cookers, not so wise for electric ones in case the
water gets in the electrics, and definately not recommended for Agas as
they're filled with insulation which would get waterlogged.

Bearing im mind the weight of an AGA, I can't imagine anyone "taking it
outside to wash".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England