Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default cleaning the cooker

Many years ago, I heard this terrible loud hissing and gurgling from a few
houses away. It was, apparently somebody who took their old trusty cooker
outside and powerwashed it.
I know nothing about the type of cooker you are talking about but for a
start what were the owners thinking not cleaning it for so long, and
secondly can it be dismantled and the bits power washed out in the garden a
bit at a time?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"TimW" wrote in message
news
This is an Aga. Years of fat and oil has been oxidised all over the enamel
and chrome parts on the top to make a solid coating. In cooler places it's
soft, very hard where it has been hotter and burned right off only on the
very hot places like the hot plates themselves. How do I clean it off?

So far tried various 'dissolves grease' cleaning products and green
scourers. Doesn't really work. A blunt table knife seems to remove the
stuff without scratching the enamel too badly but it's very laborious. Is
there a chemical solution? Even to soften it up?

TW