Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Window woodwork/mouldings - where to buy? (or even complete windows)

John Rumm wrote:
On 04/08/2018 17:06, John Rumm wrote:
On 04/08/2018 15:21, Chris Green wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Theo wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
We have wooden windows which we want to keep.Â* The frames are in the
main quite sound but we have a couple of opening windows where the
wood holding the glass needs replacing.

So, where can I buy either the right sort of moudings or, possibly,
complete replacement windows?Â* They have glass retained by glazing
strips if that helps describe them a bit more.

Do you have a local timber products merchant?Â* For example, this one
covers
East Anglia:
https://www.ridgeons.co.uk/timber-sh...mall-mouldings

THeo

Almost any wood yard will have or be able to supply

Are you sure?Â* The above Ridgeons link doesn't show *any* wwoden
mouldings suitable for windows, just beads and a few decorative
shapes.

Do you mean for the bar or the bead?:

https://www.ridgeons.co.uk/glass-bea...15mmx2-4-metre
https://www.ridgeons.co.uk/glass-bea...20mmx2-4-metre

(if you did us a photo of the bits you want to replace, we might be able
to point at something suitable)

Forgot the link to the bars:

http://www.mumfordwood.com/casement-...mouldings.html

What I'm after is what they call casement windows, it's not clear
whether they sell the wood to make them though.

.... pictures to come.

--
Chris Green
·