Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Window woodwork/mouldings - where to buy? (or even complete windows)

FMurtz wrote:
Theo wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
We have wooden windows which we want to keep. The frames are in the
main quite sound but we have a couple of opening windows where the
wood holding the glass needs replacing.

So, where can I buy either the right sort of moudings or, possibly,
complete replacement windows? They have glass retained by glazing
strips if that helps describe them a bit more.

Do you have a local timber products merchant? For example, this one covers
East Anglia:
https://www.ridgeons.co.uk/timber-sh...mall-mouldings

THeo

Almost any wood yard will have or be able to supply

Are you sure? The above Ridgeons link doesn't show *any* wwoden
mouldings suitable for windows, just beads and a few decorative
shapes.

--
Chris Green
ยท