Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window woodwork/mouldings - where to buy? (or even completewindows)

On 04/08/18 09:21, Chris Green wrote:
We have wooden windows which we want to keep. The frames are in the
main quite sound but we have a couple of opening windows where the
wood holding the glass needs replacing.

So, where can I buy either the right sort of moudings or, possibly,
complete replacement windows? They have glass retained by glazing
strips if that helps describe them a bit more.

I've searched for 'wood window mouldings' but that hasn't produced much
of any use.

generally you custom make these. Probably by talking a profile on what
you have and grindng a profile cutter for a spindle moulder.

If you are lucky an ovolo cutter exists already for a table router

Josef Stalin