Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default extended warranties on electrical items

On Friday, 3 August 2018 10:45:26 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Strange isn't it that we forget that under UK law guarantee used to be 5
to 6 years if you can prove or show the appliance was faulty when
purchased but we joined the EU and the guarantees were effectively cut
to 2 years although it was easier in that you didn't need to prove
anything.

You've had things repaired or replaced under that UK 6 year warranty?

Not me, ut a friend has.

Without taking the company to court?

yes it was Apple.

They agreed to replace a part (graphics chip) in a laptop after it became faulty in the
4th year because it was faulty when built apple replaced this for everyone as it was a know problem.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac/...ramme-3497935/