Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Wooden worktop by sink with water staining - any way to revive?

On 02/08/2018 22:08, Peter Parry wrote:
On 2 Aug 2018 18:11:48 GMT, David wrote:

In the kitchen there is a nice wood worktop which has turned black around
the sink. Yes, it was a rental property. Looks like a wood block work
surface and far to good for a rental. Light colour.

Anyway, once the wood has been soaked long term and turned black is there
much that can be done to revive it?

Yes - Oxalic Acid . Wash several times with a solution of Oxalic Acid
will remove the black and restore the colour.

Any suggested source? I see Wickes do Kilrock Bar Keepers Friend - would
that be up to the job?

(I've a situation similar to the OP's - left a tin on the worktop, and
it's somehow left a black imprint in the oak)

--
Cheers, Rob