Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 17:48:23 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/07/2018 07:16, harry wrote:
On Monday, 30 July 2018 23:42:31 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:
Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tricity-every/

Nick

This is exactly what I posted here years ago.
It's all about renewable energy.
Especially in the early days.
When the wind don't blow and the sun don't shine, electricity will be expensive.

So if we take that to its logical extension, we could adjust FIT
payments to private generators using the same mechanism. So that on
bright sunny windy days, they near enough earn SFA, and then on cold
still winter nights they get enhanced payments.

Some commercial enterprises do that.
I did hear that there was a move afoot to use hospital emergency generators.