Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - VOIP

"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , harry
writes
http://www.talktechdaily.com/new-pho...66&h=57&ia=pho
ne34-1&t202kw=ta-ph-d057&c1=mediaforce-belfasttelegraph&c4=CjBhZjJhOGE1M
i1iNWMyLTQ1ZjgtYmM4ZC1lOWMyN2JjOTAwOTctdHVjdDI0Z jdmMDcSFmNvbnN1bWVyZGFpb
HktY2FibGUtc2M

What am I missing that must be blindingly obvious to everyone else?

Everything, as always |-(

Surely most customers, at least domestic and small business, will require
a landline for Internet connection,

Nope, there have been internet connections without a landline
service for a long time now, often called a naked service.

And our VDSL2 service doesn't even allow a landline at all, basically
because doing it that way gets better modem synch rates.

so how does using VoIP replace a landline? Perhaps the suggestion is we
should do *all* our connecting via mobiles?

That's and entirely separate issue. And yes, not what we have
unlimited calls and texts to any landline or mobile in the country
for just $10 per month and 1GB of data, I don't even use the
two voip services I have over the broadband service anymore.