Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 3d printer problem.

Brian Gaff wrote

And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun?

They can't the most they can do is threaten people who
do that with some penalty if they get caught doing it,
but since its completely trivial to do without anyone
knowing that you have done that, that’s only going
to bluff the ignorant.

I often read these law makers ideas and think, do these people actually
understand the online world at all?

Corse they do, and they know that some do get bluffed.

I'd have thought the original quivery might be that before a print a thin
film of grease might be applied to the glass, perhaps?

"Scott" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 20:16:23 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove
a print.

US Court now saying you can't even download the plans to print a gun.
Whatever next for the nanny state :-)