Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nice Shop Apron

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 10:59:09 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 7/31/2018 8:57 AM, Jack wrote:
On 7/20/2018 11:33 PM, wrote:

https://www.atlas46.com/products.htm...egory=24952015

or

https://tinyurl.com/y8on7xyk

I want one of these but my shop days are close to over, so fighting (yet
again) with myself trying not to buy something I no longer need, just
want.

Can't help your dilemma but if you decide you do want a new apron, I
bought one of these recently.* It's _really_ nice.* The straps are
adjustable enough to miss my pacemaker/scar (still quite sensitive),
too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MAXWBZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OK, been thinking about this and it really looks nice.* Says it's "waxed
canvas". Two complaints I have with my Rockler apron is it attracts dust
like crazy, and being dark blue, that's annoying, and it's not
particularly easy to put on. I get the crossed straps tangled up
sometimes, particularly if I don't hang it up right. The straps are
secure on your shoulders though, once you get it on. For $37 yours looks
like a winner, and might be my next "unneeded" purchase:-)

Just a thought here, waxed likely means water resistant and stiffer.
I do not know where you live but if you work in the heat the waxed might
feel hotter than a fabric that will breath.

Yes, it is stiffer, and as the picture on the web site shows, it does
resist water. I don't know how much hotter it is, though. It's an
apron, not a vest or jacket sort of thing. I have a ballistic nylon
vest and it is really too hot, even in mild weather. Perhaps in 90F
weather this would be hot, too. But I don't like working with sweat
running off my nose onto the wood, in any case.