Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take

On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 21:02:59 UTC+1, bert wrote:

The only reason we need demand management is because of the obsession
with stupid renewables.

No it's not. Matching demand to supply reduces generation & infrastucture costs.

There is an infinite supply of electricity in
the universe.

On earth there isn't.

All you have to do is rotate a piece of wire in a magnetic
field FFS. The only overhead is the distribution infrastructure which
amounts to stringing a few more wires across the countryside on pylons
and a few transformers.

I think you'll find in both cases there's a good bit more to it

I have throughout my lifetime had a continuous supply of the stuff as
much as I wanted whenever I wanted it.

I doubt that

You call this progress?

call what progress?

Tell the greens to go **** themselves and build nukes.

Nukes are the CO2-free option. Demand management will at some point be cheaper - that's all it is, a money saving measure, IF implemented when it saves money. Given the political nature of society I expect it'll be implemented before then.

NT