Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Is flexible exterior paint worth the extra cost?

On 31/07/2018 23:49, Tricky Dicky wrote:
If the wood is cracked then the problem is with the wood and no amount of flexible paint is going to solve the problem. You might try to fill it with an epoxy filler whilst the cracks are at their widest this might produce a good enough surface for the paint to bond to. Alternatively cut away the poor quality wood and splice in a better quality piece.

Richard

I used to use 'Ranch Paint' with great success. It is 'micro porous' (or
claimed to be), either way it seems to work.

(We don't have painted exterior woodwork now, otherwise I'd still use it.)