Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimmer and LED

On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 14:26:09 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 01/08/18 13:37, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2018 11:30:32 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

I have just had a touch dimmer fail.

I had used it to control a bar with 4 x 50 watt GU10s.

I replaced with LEDs and ov course it wouldn't work as it had a 40watt
minimum load requirement.

I put a Halogen back in and it worked - but after a while the dimmer
failed. Could this be due to it seeing a mixed load?

I have now replaced the dimmer with one that says 4 watt LED min.

Was it a dimmable LED? As far as I can see, some are and some are
not.

And some that say they are just flicker instead

Like fluorescent lights, I've seen them flicker?