Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Nick Odell" wrote in message
news Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tricity-every/

the meters might

I can't for one minute seeing the politician allow it.

A tariff which changes without notice cannot possibly change user
behaviour, and that
is the only possible reason for having differential charging.

Who says ?

which bit?

The idea that these things will allow customers to save money by changing
their
behaviour is simply marketing bull**** to persuade people to accept the
things, and always has been, from day one.

That's completely different from the idea that dynamic pricing persuades
people to change their behaviour

Why (other than because you can) would a supplier justify wanting to use
dynamic pricing?

To discourage people from using power when the price they are
charging the user is less than what they are paying for the power
at peak times or when the 'renewables' arent producing and they
have to buy power from France or fire up the most expensive
gas powered generators.