Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Smart Meters - the Telegraph's take

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 30/07/2018 23:42, Nick Odell wrote:
Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tricity-every/

I don't see the point (other than to make more money) as, if you don't
know you are paying more for electricity, you can't change your usage.

But its trivial to show the user the current cost of the power.

And the other point is to charge the user more than you are
paying for the power, particularly when the cost of the power
is higher in peak times, when the standby gas fuelled generators
have had to be fired up due to a lack of 'renewable' power.